Friday 11 August 2017

Light It Up | Pol Prince | Clustering

Hello lovelies! Pol here today with a new layout featuring our new monthly theme - clustering. 

Personally I LOVE clustering on my layouts. Usually you'll find that my pages have three clear clusters on them, but I like to challenge myself, so on this new layout I've spread them out a bit more, although you can still see the three main clusters.

I've used our FREE cut file for August, designed by the talented Nikki Rowland. The cut file gave me the idea of three photos and clusters located with the words 'hello', 'hiya', and 'hey'.




To start with I used this gorgeous watercolour ombre paper from Fancy Pants Hello Sunshine collection, and I cut the file out of black cardstock to really make it 'pop' from the background. My embellishments are all from the Pink Paislee Summer Lights collection, which I cannot get enough of at the moment! The colours are amazing! I used ephemera, regular stickers, chipboard stickers, and I fussy cut some elements out of the cut-apart sheets. The flair buttons are from Cutz2Luv.




I love these funny photos of me and my niece and nephew playing with the drag queen filter on Snapchat! The colours were perfect for the background paper and embellishments too. I used three frames from the Summer Lights ephemera pack, popped them over my photos, and adhered them next to, above, and below the words on  the cut file. I then chose the embellishments I wanted for a cluster next to each photo by playing around with them a bit and seeing what looked best where.
I then had three clear clusters but there were still more things I wanted to add, so I decided to go for a rough 'circle' of embellishments around the page.







I had originally planned to putting my title, the 'Light It Up' die cut piece, in the centre of my page. However, it didn't look right to me so I ended up putting it in the 'circle' to balance out the other larger elements. I tend to repeat shapes a lot on a page, as you can see, the circles and hearts are repeated, along with little stars to make the circle 'flow'. The flairs from Cutz2Luv were a perfect match, and I have to say, my nephew makes a very handsome drag queen!






I had as much fun making this layout as we did taking the photos! Please do join in this months challenge on clustering, and link your new layouts up on our Facebook page. There's a great prize from our sponsors this month - Thompson's Craft Supplies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...