Wednesday 7 February 2018

Don't Count the Days | ScrappyNerdUK | Choose a Shape

Hi Friends,

So this months theme was choose a shape. I almost grabbed my circle punch for this layout and then I thought I would choose something a little different and work with a tag shape.

So I started by cutting my 8.5x11 piece of white cardstock into a tag shape by just cutting each of the top corners and then added a hole in the centre at the top.

I clustered 3 tags behind my photo and matted my photo onto some white card. I used another tag (all from the same cut apart sheet from the Dear Lizzy Lovely Day collection) as part of my title. So my title started by using the Thickers from the same collection and spelled out "Don't Count the Days" and on the bottom of the tag was the remainder of the title/quote "Make the Days Count". I then added 2 more sticker tags from the sticker sheet (same collection again) and added some navy and white twice to each of the tags.


I then started embellishing by adding a few tiny word stickers and also some pieces of ephemera. Left over I had some hot air balloon ephemera and although it has no relevance to the photo, I thought that it complemented my title very well - all about positivity and making the most of things.

I loved the puffy stickers from this collection so added a couple of hot hair balloon puffy stickers (I needed to or else I would have hoarded them - they are so cute!).

And a couple of heart stickers from the same sticker sheet almost finished the layout off.







And a dash of Gold Heidi Swapp Colour Shine and this layout was finished. I'm so pleased with how this turned out and has really made me think outside the box a little more for my next "choose a shape" layout.












If you'd like to watch the process video for this then follow this link here -


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...