Thursday 22 February 2018

He Sleeps | Lisa-Jane Johnson | Choose A Shape

It's Lisa-Jane from Pretty My Page on the blog today with my "Choose a Shape" challenge.  I actually have two layouts here for you today because my 8 year old daughter was working so hard on her shape layout that I thought you might like to see that one too.  She wants to start doing Youtube videos too but I haven't even worked that one out for myself yet!

Because it is February and the month of luuurve, we both decided to use hearts as our chosen shape.  I used the February free cut file as my base and chose to leave it as it was to make a background for my layout. 



Initially I thought I would use the negatives of the hearts slightly off set from their original place so I put all the hearts in the respective holes and numbered them all so I could find the right ones.  Then I couldn't make it work so I have a pile of little white hearts to play with another time!



I used lots of very small scraps for this layout and I've nearly finished a whole 6x6 pad of Shimelle's Little By Little doing things like this.  And I use up washi tape that I've fallen out of love with, or purchased in error (like that plastic not-really-washi tape!).  How glamorous is the back view??!!


It was great to finally use some purple stuff up - when I first started crafting it was my favourite colour and people bought me purple bits that ended up at the bottom of the pile.  I think I've had these purple stars for 11 years, which coincidentally was around the time these pictures were taken.


I promised you a sneaky peak of my daughter's layout.  It took her a while to get started because... "Oh Mummy, scrapbooking is so hard sometimes, there's just too much pretty paper to choose from!"  I hear ya baby girl, I hear ya.


Don't forget to tag us in any of your makes on any social media platform - we'd love to see your creations and spread the word about how fabulous UK scrapbookers are.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...