Wednesday 21 February 2018

Happy Heart | Niki Rowland | Choose a Shape


Hey there UK Scrap Addicts! Niki here with you today. This month's theme is to choose one shape and carry that through your layout. I've chosen a star shape. I Started off by cutting a star cut file out of star patterned paper (cut file is a freebie from the Stick it Down challenge blog) which I then backfilled using turquoise paper. Becuase the star cut file was cut from a busy patterned paper the internal stars needed something solid behind them to make them stand out.


Once my cut file was in place, I added my photos and a large star tassle embellishment to the right. These were by Dear Lizzy and the ribbons came in all different colour and this one happened to go really well with my layout and photos.


I then went through my stash and pulled out as many star embellishments as I could find. I was predominantly using the Wild Child collection by Pink Paislee but many of the stars in that were from the boy collection and too dark for my layout but I managed to find a few that worked. I also had three packs of puffy star stickers from Freckled Fawn so I went a bit crazy adding those in coordinating colours.


I added gold Heidi Shine splatters and drops and then went looking for sequins. I pulled out a few sequins in the right colours as well as some tiny gold star sequins too. I dotted these around my background.


And after adding some journaling at the bottom that's my layout complete. I have made a process video for you to view below.



Thank you so much for joining me today, I hope you've enjoyed my layout and my process video - see you next month and happy scrapping xx

Find me on my own blog: Being Scrappy and on Instagram as @nikiclaire






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...