Saturday 5 January 2019

Girl Squad | Sheena Rowlands | No Cardstock

Hi there Scrap Addicts x Sheena here again.

This month we have been set a no cardstock challenge. I can image this could be quite hard for some who always use cardstock as their background but I often pick a pale lightly patterned paper to use as backgrounds.
So to challenge myself even more I decided to use a bright busy patterned paper as my starting point for this challenge.

#Awesome Girl Squad


I chose to use mainly papers from Pebbles - Girl Squad range and this was the brightest that I still had as a 12x12 sheet. After some thought I added white gesso with a dry brush in a vertical strip covering some of the flowers. When the gesso was dry I added some pink shimmer texture paste over this through a stencil.


I layered lots of other papers from the Girl Squad range underneath the photo then hunted through the embellishments I had left to create a couple of clusters around my photo.


To finish I added a title from the thinkers from this range, a Hey Little Magpie flair with gold thread beneath it and a couple of Perspectives. Then a few splashes of pink paint and a few punched flowers dotted around.


Im really pleased with how this bright & fun layout turned out. Why not take our No Cardstock challenge and share your creations over on our FB group.

Till next time x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...