Sunday 13 January 2019

1st Christmas | Elaine King | No Cardstock

Hello everyone

Today I am bringing you a layout made using out monthly prompt of ‘No Cardstock’. At first glance this did seem as though it would be, well, challenging! Lol . However, once you set your mind to it you realise there are lots of papers out there that are ‘neutrals' within a collection so this what I chose to use for my background papers.



The main, pale grey, background piece used here is an ancient piece of paper from my stash and the green heart I used was from a kit I bought from Mind The Scrap last summer.

The rest of the papers are from of one of my favourite collections from Kaisercraft called Mint Wishes. I originally had this collection sent to me when I was on the Design Team for Merly Impressions and it soon became one of my favourite ever collections. There are still some remnants of the kit available from them and some on Charmed Cards and Crafts I believe.

To start with I drew a large freehand heart on the green paper and cut it out using good old fashioned scissors, (you don’t always need fancy tools). Then once I was happy with the positioning I started cutting lots of little banners of varying lengths to create the left hand side of the heart. I always find that using wet glue is preferable in these situations to give you a degree of move-ability when you are figuring out where to place your pieces.

Once I was happy I mounted the photo on more neutral papers from the collection and raised it on foam pads for dimension. I then fussy cut the flowers and arranged them to form clusters. I then added more embellishments and I was done. I confess this was inspired by a layout I saw on Pinterest  but I do hope this has given you more ideas to create a layout using no cardstock and how to use up those neutrals you find in most collections.








One of my friends commented that maybe the layouts may be too flimsy but that has not been my experience at all. The weight of the paper these days is generally very good and with the layering it gives it stability. Once it is in the page protector it will be fine.. trust me! 


anyway.. I do hope you have enjoyed your visit. do remember to come back too though! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...