Thursday 17 January 2019

Rose Lemonade Cake | Lisa-Jane Johnson | No Cardstock

Hey there scrappers!  It's Lisa-Jane from Pretty My Page here with you today sharing my project for the "No Cardstock" challenge. 


I have to confess that I created this layout way back in June / July but it fitted the brief perfectly.  At the time I was very limited with my supplies because I was just out of hospital after surgery on my Achilles and I couldn't access my craft room.  In a drug induced haze, I went a bit mad in the summer sales so I had two pizza boxes of supplies but no plain cardstock at all! 


One of the collections I bought from Lottie Loves Paper was my first foray into Pink Fresh Studios with their Be You range.  I fell in love with the corals and pinks, especially in the bottom paper that I used here so I wanted to use a fairly big piece of that one to get the full benefit.  I loved the dark blue paper too but it's very strong so you don't need much and I thought they worked really well together.  I then added a couple of strips of contrasting papers across the join and a strip of plain coral washi.  


The photo was quite dark so I printed it with a white border but I really wanted to use some of the tissue paper from the parcels for added texture and interest.  This meant I needed another piece between the two layers to contrast with the white.  


Lastly I added a journalling spot, some stickers and puffy stickers from various Pink Fresh ranges and some of the lush matte finish enamel dots from the Pretty My Page shop.  

It's not totally unusual for me not use any cardstock but I do prefer the more subtle papers (I drift towards B sides) so they can act a bit like plain cardstock for me sometimes too.  

Are you a no-cardstock fan?  Or do you have to have lots of area without pattern?  Either way, we'd love to see!

With love and colour


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...