Monday 25 March 2019

Howdy Partner / Jackie Ashton / Black Background

Hi crafter, Jackie here with my take on this months theme - using black cardstock.  I think using black cardstock allows my photographs to lift off the page more - if that makes sense.

I have a series of photographs taken last year when we watched the Wild West Show at Disneyland Paris and had already decided that when working with these photographs I would use black cardstock.  So this months theme was perfect for me to get another layout completed for my son’s album.

Howdy Partner



I used Carta Bella - Cowboy Country collection, which is just perfect for all these photographs of the Wild West Show.

I kept the layout very simple, adding a simple paper matt underneath my square photograph.

I also added a border to the top of the cardstock, using two different patterned papers, and border punched one of them.  After gluing the border in place, I added some hand-stitch details over the top.  Using a star stencil from my stash and  Tim Holtz squeezed lemonade oxide ink,  I added a few star details to break up the dark background, the coloured in ink looks cream on the black cardstock and not yellow.



I choose 3 tags from the collection and intertwined them together with black crocheting thread.


I added various die cuts from the collection, and some punched ‘Mickey head’ which I added white line around the edge for added definition against the black cardstock.


I added the title using Jillibean Soup alphabets and added some machine stitching over the top for added details.



I added some stenciled star and used Tim Holtz squeezed lemonade oxide ink, which looks cream on the black cardstock and not yellow.

Don’t forget to stop by our Facebook page and share with us what you are doing, we would love to see.

Till next time

Happy scrapping



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...