Tuesday 5 March 2019

& Smile | Sheena Rowlands | Black Background.

Hi there UK Scrap Addicts x Sheena here again.

Our challenge this month is to create using a black background.  I had a flick through my albums and realised I rarely use coloured cardstock anymore as a base for a layout, most bases are either white cardstock or light patterned paper so I knew this would certainly be challenging for me.

& Smile.


I knew I wanted to use bright colours to pop off the black cardstock so I had a think about the colour combos that I like and chose yellow, grey and black knowing that my black and white photos would go with anything.


Whilst looking through my stash I found some patterned papers with frames on and so the layout began to take shape. I cut out various sizes and coloured frames removing the centres of them all.
After laying them out roughly and taking a quick photo as a reminder - I have to do this all the time as I never remember how it went!! I started searching for embellishments.


I tend to store ephemera by colour once I split up collections so I reached for the yellows box plus my Bramble Fox perspectives and chipboard shapes to add depth and variety. I added something to most frames and added a little gold sparkle too in places as the photos record a very special day, my Brothers wedding.


This was certainly a challenge for me but I enjoyed the process and its good to challenge ourselves and try something new plus i got to use up lots of bits and pieces which is always good.

We would love to see your Black Background creations over on our UK Scrap Addicts Facebook page & there is loads of inspiration there too.

Till next time  x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...