Friday 15 March 2019

Soar | Sarah Costain | Black Backgrounds

Sarah here today with my take on this months theme of Black Backgrounds.

I decided to go for a bright and bold layout today. My background was created using Impasto Paints and a stencil from Thompsons craft supplies. I used the paints straight from the tube, they're thick so go through stencils really nicely.


My papers were layered up with foam and embellishments in between to create lots of height and texture.


I added black gesso to my embellishments then when dry added more of the paint from the background to create some continuity.


My title was a quote sticker that I popped up on more foam and framed with some of the feather embellishments from Artful Days.


A few splashes of white paint and some enamel dots added a finishing touch.


You can check out how I created this layout over on the UKSA YouTube Channel.


Thanks for joining me and have a happy scrappy day :)

Sarah
ManxyCatCrafts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...