Sunday 17 March 2019

Lisa-Jane Johnson | Black Background | You Say I'm a Witch

Hi everyone, it's Lisa-Jane from Pretty My Page here today with my black ground project. 


When we were given this brief I must admit, I panicked a bit!  Then I thought of various themes where I might have used a lot of black before.  If I had been thinking rationally I could have easily created a layout around my son playing rugby as his kit is black, red and yellow.  But instead I went to another of my great loves - Halloween! 



I created a cut file based on a quote I had seen on various Pinterest boards and I used this as the main focus of my layout with some orange patterned paper behind.  I also added a border of paper from the Simple Stories Vintage Halloween collection that I was using for this layout.  This breaks up the black a bit more and enabled me to use more pattern on the layout - I do love me some pattern!



Because the quote is quite big, I only had a small amount of room for my photo and embellishments.  I managed to squeeze in some more colour and witchy themed goodies from the collection and of course I had to add some enamel dots for more pops of colour. 


I'll let you in on a secret (if you haven't seen my Instagram post) that this was the second version of this layout - I knocked over a bottle of very runny glue and it went on the black cardstock.  The glue does dry clear and I thought I had cleaned it up well but it turns out that even clear glue shows up on black cardstock and so I had to start again!  Every day is a school day and all that...

With love and colour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...