Monday 4 May 2020

Fabulous | Sheena Rowlands | Inspired by another craft

Hi there UK Scrap Addicts, Sheena here again x

For our challenge this month we are to create a layout inspired by another hobby. Over the years I've had a few different hobbies and still quilt, sew and crochet alongside my scrapbooking & Project Life.

For this page I decided to use Quilting as my inspiration.

Fabulous.

I decided to use a quilting type pattern as my layout background. I die cut lots of 3in circles from various Pink Paislee Paige Evans paper ranges then cut them into quarters.
I arranged them on the base & when I was happy stuck them down with a little adhesive before machine sewing them in place. This did take some time but I like the finished effect. On line you can find lots of quilting patterns that could be easily translated to paper crafting.

I didn't want to cover too much of the background up so I added my photo to one corner with various patterned paper layers and a doily beneath. 


I added my title and various colour co-ordinating embellishments either side of my photo using foam pads to add depth.


I hope you feel inspired to try our challenge this month. Please share your creations with us over on our Facebook group.
Till next time x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...