Saturday 16 May 2020

Rise & Shine | Lisa-Jane Johnson | Inspired by another hobby

Hi there, it's Lisa-Jane from Pretty My Page here today with my layout inspired by another hobby.  My other life is renovating, my garden, my house, furniture, everything!


I found this bag of chipboard pieces from the days when you couldn't buy matching die cut embellishments with a collection and I set about renovating them and saving them from the bin.


I adhered them to some papers and cut around them before neatening the edges with an emery board and some Distress Ink.


Finally I added a layer of Glossy Accents to give them a nice sheen.


While they dried I used silicone glue on the cut file (a cut and fold doily background by Paige Evans) to prevent it from laying flat in my albums.  Then I added the renovated chipboard pieces around the page to add pops of colour.


Finally I added a couple of die-cut pieces for my title and then finished off with some puffy dots from the same collection.


I definitely need to use this technique again because I have a lot more old chipboard where this lot came from!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...