Wednesday 27 May 2020

Orla Kiely | Kirei Baldwin | Inspired by another hobby

Hi UK Scrap Addicts!

Kirei here with my assignment for this month's theme which was to 'take inspiration from another hobby' and as I don't really do anything else crafty I looked to my love of reading and decided to make a mini book!


I went to see the Orla Kiely: A Life in Pattern exhibition at the Fashion and Textile Museum in Bermondsey in Sept 2018 and had these pics just waiting to go into a mini book... I already had the papers I wanted to use as had been saving them so it was just a matter of putting it all together!

I had bought some postcards from the exhibition so these became the front and back of my album. They were both backed with one of the patterned papers.


I cut three pages from the same patterned papers, and all the rest of the 'pages' were selected from the matching ephemera. There were quite a few tags so picked the largest of those to use with my photos. Some of the smaller ones I added for detail.




To add some texture to all of the pages and tags I used my sewing machine to stitch them with gold thread. I thought the stitching was a nice link to the fashion element of my photos.


I pulled out some gold hearts and yarn tassels from my stash and added them throughout.




I wrote my journaling onto strips of patterned paper which I then stitched onto one of the larger pages.


I don't know about you but I always keep brochures and tickets from any places I visit so wanted to include them too. The brochure was the perfect fit when folded in half and I mounted the ticket onto some patterned paper and stitched around the edges and this became another page in the mini book.


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you've been inspired by the Creative Teams layouts this month.... do pop on over to the UK Scrap Addicts Facebook group and share how you've been inspired by this month's theme!

Happy scrapping!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...