Thursday 1 October 2020

Life is a Journey | Claire (ScrappyNerdUK) | Monochrome

Hey everyone. 

I can't believe we are into October already?! Where is this year going?!

So, since it's the 1st of the month it's time for us to focus on a new theme. This month we are working with monochromatic colour schemes on our layouts. 

Monochrome doesn't necessarily mean to use only black and white. Monochrome means the use of a single colour. Now, to only use 1 colour on our layouts would be super challenging so we have mixed things up a little and working with a single colour but with the addition of black and white. 

For my layout, I decided to "shop my stash" and find tools and supplies that often get forgotten. I was desperate to use embossing folders on this layout. So, I cut 9 3x3inch squares from white cardstock. Some of these I put through my BigShot machine using an embossing folder and others I used some black texture paste through a stencil to add textured hearts. 

I love the stark contract of the black texture paste on the white background and I cannot wait to use my embossing folders again on more of my layouts. Look at the text it created!! 



I splattered some white paint across my background to give it some more interest and then stuck down each of my 9 squares in a grid style. 

I only added adhesive to the middle of the squares which enabled me to run my nail around the edge of each of the squares to distress the edges which helps to create some shadowing behind. 

I was really going for lots of different textures on this layout so I added some pom pom trim under 3 of my squares and also used foam pads to pop up some of my embellishments. 


I rarely start a layout with a photo in mind. I just start creating the layout and then find a photo that would work. 

I found this Snapchat photo from last year and the colours and theme of the photo really worked!

I used some white and pink Thicker words from my stash to add my title to the middle square. 

I had the most amount of fun shopping my stash in my room to find all the stickers and embellishments that were pink and I started adding these within the squares, building up different layers as I went. Lots of word stickers, die cut hearts, stickers and enamel dots. It felt great using some older stash!

And here is the finished layout. I just love the soft pink colours and the pop of black and white really works well together. 

There is a process video here too if you want to watch the process of this layout come together  - https://youtu.be/L9nloNCGARs




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...