Monday 29 May 2017

Car Selfie | Jackie Ashton | Sketch

Hello, Jackie here using one of this month's sketches.  I love to use sketches sometimes just to get me started on a layout, others, like this one, following the design but making the layout work for me.

So here's what I did, I decided to reduce the sketch and do a 9x12 one instead.  I love that my albums have a mixture of different sized pages, as well as various pocket pages.




I used a photograph of Sheena and me on our way back from teaching a weekend workshop, hence the title.



After cutting my cardstock down to the required size, I distressed the background using a Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Broken China, using the packaging technique - adding the ink to a piece of plastic bag and a few drops of water, before applying to the cardstock. Once dry I added a few lightly stamped lines to the background, to give it some visual texture.


I layered the photograph on patterned papers from the new collection by Amy Tangerine - Oh a Whim and added a piece of vellum under the photographs for adding texture.

The stamped image to the top of the photograph was stamped onto plain white cardstock using the same stamp I used for the background.

For the title, I had run out of Es so I used two Fs and cut down an I to form the bottoms of the Es.




To the top right of the layout, I felt that it was an empty space, so I added a few strips of patterned papers and a flair badge I found in my stash.

I finished the layout, by adding a few word stickers around the photographs area, from one of the Simple Stories Collections, wood veneer stars.

Thank you for stopping by





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...