Monday 18 February 2019

Traveller's Notebook | Punches | Lisa-Jane Johnson

Hi there crafty friends, it's Lisa-Jane on the blog today with something a but unusual for me - a traveller's notebook!  In fact three double page spreads.  I might have got carried away with my punches...

Punches are brilliant to use on TN spreads because they really do pack a punch (do you see what I did there...)  The extra small scale of the pages mean that a little bit of pattern goes a long way so using a punch helps to get variation to the shapes you can use.  In the first spread I've used a scalloped circles cut in half to create some interest to the border. 


For my second spread I used the same scalloped circle to create a rough line on a slight diagonal to draw the eye down the page.  The punches help give continuity and allow little splashes of the same papers to be spread through several pages.



This whole traveller's notebook is going to be a mini album of a Go Go Getaway retreat where Shimelle was the guest designer so I'm using lots of Glitter Girl papers but in small splashes throughout the book. 


My final spread used a scalloped border punch to create a layered section in the bottom half of the page which fades from dark patterned papers through to lighter ones. 


The punched edges add some interest to what would otherwise just be strips of paper with the bonus of not adding a lot of extra bulk which is obviously prime consideration with a TN.


This challenge has really got me thinking about my poor neglected punches again and I'd forgotten how versatile they are!  They are definitely going to get much more quality time on my desk from now on!

With love and colour


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...