Friday 21 February 2020

Beautiful | Sam Ball | Use More Than One Collection

Just before Christmas I was lucky enough to treat my youngest step-daughter Nina to a short break in Paris!

It was somewhere that Nina had always wanted to visit and when the chance came up to go and see our favourite pop idol in concert, I decided to make her wish come true!

When we visited, the Paris transport system was on strike, which made getting around a little bit trickier than I’m used to as there was only one Metro line running! Taxis were charging way more than they normally would and everywhere was gridlocked, so our car journeys were twice as long as so expensive!

Nina and I decided to take to walking everywhere, and whilst I’s still prefer the Metro, I saw so much of Paris that I wouldn’t normally get to see! And, because most trees had lost their leaves, you saw iconic landmarks from places you didn’t realise that you could!



Nina had a wish list of sights to see and one place was to see the enormous Christmas tree underneath the famous domed Galerie Lafayette ceiling. Whilst there, we took the escalator to the roof top floor where the views of Paris are amazing and they have an outdoor skating rink!



I decided to scrap the photo of Nina on the roof top, by the skating rink, and although we couldn’t see the Seine, the aerial view reminded me of a postcard that I had, which co-ordinated perfectly.



I stuck to blues, greens, neutrals and white as my colour theme, and even found a scrapbooking range from a French manufacturer, that I bought a couple of years before whilst at a craft fair in Paris, co-ordinated beautifully.



I created a mixed media background on white cardstock, then simply used elements from both ranges along with the postcard, backing the layout with a piece of woodgrian patterned paper from the French supplier.

These days, and more so for speed, I tend to stick to only one collection, but creating this layout made me realise how much I enjoy mixing things up a bit too!

Don't forget to share your layouts with us over on our Facebook page, or tag us on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...