Friday 21 February 2020

Wonder | Lisa-Jane Johnson | More than one collection

Hi there Scrap Addicts!  It's Lisa-Jane from Pretty My Page here with you today with my take on this month's challenge. 


When I first started scrapbooking I used to use individual papers and put them together from any old manufacturer.  Then I started using collections and packs because I was scrapbooking more away from home so it was easier to have coordinating packs rather than making up my own kit.  More recently though, I've fallen back in love with switching things up because some of the manufacturers I love don't create collection packs or have far too many papers for me to purchase all of them. 

I store my papers by collection when I first buy them but then I sort them into manufacturers if / when I don't have too many left.  I really loved the Paige Evans Truly Grateful collection when it came out and I wanted to scrap lots of pics of us on a dog walk in the New Forest with it but actually there's a lot of pink and purple in it and not much in the way of greens and autumnal colours! 
I went to my stash of other Paige Evans papers to see what I had that would work with Truly Grateful.  Manufacturers tend to use the same colours in the printing process so there is often a good overlap between collections even if the subject matter and style is quite different.  This is great for stashbusting and stretching your stash and making your pages individual.  Some of the leaves in this layout (using a Paige Evans pre-cut cut file) are backed with Truly Grateful but the ones backed with the mustardy colour, dark green and red papers are all from Pick me Up.


I nearly used a backing piece from Horizon because I fell in love with the bright green but it was too strong so I went with the green stripe from Truly grateful instead.  I couldn't leave it border-less though and I keep a stash of sheets for backing fragile layouts so I used the reverse of one of those.  This is a sheet from an old Amy Tangerine collection that I fell out of love with but it works great as a plain sheet of white instead.

  
So that's 3 different collections I used really, which isn't much for how I used to scrap actually but it's more than I tended to use recently.  I've definitely got the bug for it again now though!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...