Wednesday 12 February 2020

Photo Op - Stephanie Squires - Use more than one collection



Hello my scrappy friends!

So this months blog post.  This months challenge is to use more than one collection.  I really enjoyed this challenge, it made me really stash bust some older papers and embellishments and I was really pleased with the end result.



I used various collections and designers to create this page....Paige Taylor Evans - Whimsical, Vicki Boutin - Field Notes, A kit clubs exclusive ephemera, Puffy stickers from Crate Paper, Perspectives from Bramble Fox, sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps, Jan Hadfield - garden partyvand the frame was made using Bazzill cardstock.

I had the Vicki Boutin pink paper already gutted to a 1 incher boarder. .  I put tape on two sides of the yellow stripy paper (Whimsical) and placed it on top of the border at an angle.  I cut off the border that was no longer needed and trimmed the layout to a 12 inch square.  Not on purpose but whilst tidying my desk I popped the off cut border on top of the page on the left and quite liked it so I trimmed it slightly and stuck that down too!



I created a frame for my photos using bazzill card stock and added my photos behind before adding foam risers to the frame and sticking it at an angle on to my page.  I backed the perspective using a scrap of the Vicki Boutin paper and a sheet of paper from Jan Hadfield's garden party and stuck it on my layout at the same angle as my photo frame.



Most of my cardboard ephemera was stuck onto more of the navy Jan Hadfield paper to give it that extra pop and placed across the layout.



Next came the title using the wording in the perspective as the start of it and using navy thickers to finish it.  I added some puffy stickers from Crate paper to the top and bottom of my layout using some hand lettering to create a second title of "Happy little boss babe"



I used a couple of white perspective hearts, a scattering of sequins and a few cross stitches to complete this layout.



I hope you have fun scrapbooking this months challenge I know I did making it and using up so much of my "odd" bits from various collections.

Until next month,,,happy scrapping!

Steph xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...