Saturday 9 June 2018

I'm on Holiday! | Giselle Homer | One 6x4 photo

Hello everyone,

I hope you've been able to find some scrapping time during the recent warm weather.

This month's theme is a fairly simple one, to use just one 6" x4" photo. When I saw this picture of my grandson, I knew it would definitely be on my scrapping list!







For this layout I used a water colour paper from Daler Rowney called The Langton. It really holds  paint and ink well without buckling and is available from Hobbycraft in number of sizes. I wanted to keep the focus mainly on the photo so I dabbed pale grey ink over the background using some cellophane packaging material. Then I just lightly stamped over that with two Tim Holtz Distress Inks called Mustard Seed and Peacock Feathers.







I backed the photo with some scraps of patterned paper, one of which looks a bit like his shorts - what luck! And added a flair badge, with a few other embellishments, to a die cut circle to make a little cluster on the right of the photo.







I used American Crafts Thickers for the title and added the die cut 'Hello' which I found in my stash, so apologies for not knowing the manufacturer. I then added another little cluster below the photo to include my journalling spot, some puffy stickers & an enamel dot.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with if you take inspiration from this month's theme, I'm sure you all have lots of 6" x4" photos waiting to be scrapped!

Till next time, happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...