Thursday 7 June 2018

Jonah | Amy Kattenbelt | One 6x4 Photo

Hi, Its Amy here, I'm bringing you my layout on this months theme of using a single 6x4 photo on a page. This is something I used to do all the time up until last year when i bought a decent home photo printer. Up until then I would send off my photos in bulk and get them all printed out in 6x4. Recently, i have switched to mainly using smaller sized or square photos, although this is not always true. I still believe that using a photo 6x4 sized means it will be the focal point of the layout and not get lost amongst all the embellishments and patterns.

I tried to keep this layout very simple, and if you head over to our YouTube channel and check out the process video you can see it coming together step by step, and I really hope you might feel inspired to scraplift this layout, especially if you are fairly new to scrapbooking, as you really don't need any special tools to create this layout....its all about the torn edges!



My very favourite colour combinations right now are soft pastels, especially pinks and aquas (also mint green and yellows) with pops of black and white. I used a 2015 Heidi Swapp 12x12 paper pad which I love, not least because its double sided....a paper pad that's double sided! 


After i had layered up my torn papers and matted the photo i embellished the page using fussy cut florals, word stickers, labels and finished it off with sequins and fine splatters of black ink.


I hope you like this layout, be sure to head over to our facebook group and share your layouts that use a single 6x4 photo or any other projects you have been working on recently. See you again next month!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...