Sunday 17 June 2018

Surprise Party | Lisa-Jane Johnson | One 6x4 photo

Hi there scrappers!  It's Lisa-Jane from Pretty My Page here today with my take on the single 6x4 challenge.  I scrap with single 6x4 photos most often because I tend to get them printed in batches.  I just send bulk orders off and then when I have them in my hand I can see if I think they might be better in a different format or perhaps in black and white etc.  Any photos I don't use I can give to my daughter to scrap book and when I'm paying 5p a print I don't really mind not using them all!





For this layout I was trying to use up some of the final precious remains of my Simple Stories Love and Adore collection that I have been using to scrap my surprise 40th birthday party.  I was getting short of larger pieces for backgrounds so I added in this pretty bow paper from a big paper pad onto a frame that I had left over from using the middle section on another layout.  Of course I had to have a border - I always have to have a border at the moment.  



I wanted to try out a new stencil so I added some butterflies to the bottom of where I intended my photo stack to go and some gorgeous script towards the top left.  I love how it adds a subtle layer and a bit of interest.


I tend to shy away from glitter without their being a good reason for it and I kinda think a surprise party is definitely a good enough reason so I embraced the glitter alphabet!  


I mounted my actual photos in fairly plain papers from the paper pad so I wasn't wasting the best patterns under the photo - please tell me I'm not the only one who does this?  That way I could use the dwindling Simple Stories pieces for bigger impact elsewhere.  Some stickers and chipboard from the range, matching enamel dots (they do match, those red ones are actually pink in real life...) and then some vibrant pink twine helped to bring it all together.  I really was led by the pieces I had left over on this layout but I love the way it turned out.  Now it's over to you!

Happy scrapping!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...