Saturday 11 August 2018

Summer Smiles | Lou Thompson | Tic Tac Toe


This months challenge was to use the Tic Tac Toe grid. You must take any line of 3 items from the grid, up, down or diagonal, and use these as part of your work. I have chosen the rainbows, circles and different alphas.

I thought about how I wanted to incorporate the circles and remembered these lovely wooden circles I had. I also came up with the idea of decorating the circles using papers with the colours of the rainbow. I used a circle punch to make the paper shapes and then applied to the wooden circles using double sided tape.





I wanted to further the idea of using circles so also used a Finnabair stamp set to add some more circles to my background




A selection of alphas were used to create the title for this layout




A cluster was created in the bottom right corner using ephemera, stickers, chipboards and flowers.




The wooden circles were stuck to the page to create a base for the photo. The photo was matted with some different coloured papers and then stuck to the page, careful not to stick right to the edge of the photo mat. This was so I could then tuck in stickers, chipboards, acetate, enamels and ephemera. Foam squares were applied to some pieces to add further dimension.




And here is the finished piece. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. It's a really fun, summer piece that works great with the photo. I hope you like it and see you again next month :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...