Saturday 25 July 2020

Freddie & Charlie | Kirei Baldwin | Make your own embellishments

Hi UK Scrap Addicts!

Kirei here with my example for this month's 'Make your own embellishments' theme... I had previously made some paper tassels to go on a mini album so decided it was a good reason to make some more for a new mini album!


I cut a 1 3/4" x approx. 8" strip of patterned paper and cut fringing along the long edge. Then I rolled it up pretty tightly and glued it with glossy accents at the end. I added a small strip of coordinating patterned paper around the top then using a needle threaded embroidery thread through the centre of the tassel, added some beads and a small jump ring and came back down through the centre of the tassel and tying it off with a knot. 


I went for a little mini album made from one sheet of 12" x 12" patterned paper and pulled out my stash of Shimelle's 'Never Grow Up' collection as I love the bright colours and thought it would be perfect to go with photos of when our two godsons stayed overnight with us.

The paper is scored at 4" and 8" vertically and horizontally and then fold along each score line using a bone folder to give a nice, crisp fold. Then you need to make cuts (bold red lines) as can be seen in the below photo which allows it to be folded up to create a cute mini album.


I then stitched around each square as I liked the definition and texture it added to each square.

Each of my 9 photos was mounted onto coordinating pieces of patterned paper with the edges distressed. They were then stuck down flat onto each square page of the mini album.




When doing this kind of mini album I use minimal embellishments that I keep pretty flat so that it can still fold up okay. There is no room for lot's of dimension which I usually like to do!




Then I just added a bit of journaling to each page and that was the inside done!




For the front cover I kept it pretty simple and just added a title using the matching Thickers. To tie it shut I stuck a dark denim ribbon to the back and to this I added three of the cute handmade tassels!


I do hope you've been inspired to try some handmade embellishments, there are lot's of other fab ideas from the rest of the Creative Team so make sure you go and have a look to see what they've crafted for their layouts! Don't forget to share your examples over on the UK Scrap Addicts Facebook group! See you next month....

Happy Scrapping!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...