Friday 3 July 2020

Here & Now | Zoe (zola28) | Handmade Embellishments



Welcome to the blog focusing this month on the theme of handmade embellishments. Making my own embellishments isn't something I do that often as I tend to love all the beautiful bits and pieces that are made for us in the collections. However this month I did have some fun with some simple embellishments. 

I created my layout with the fantastic 5th & Monaco collection from Crate Paper which I love! I wanted the focus of this page to be grass green and texture. 

To create the texture I have focused on the ruffles and banner. The ruffles are simply pleated tissue paper which I have trimmed with some pom pom trims (cute aren't they!?)




I made my top bunting using a punch and stitching the bunting pieces to some green ribbon so I could add the bunting in a hung style at the top of the page. 



Continuing with the them of green ribbon, I decorated a paper clip to go on the photograph of my son on his sister's skates. 


My last and probably favourite embellishment are the sequin tails that I made and added underneath my butterflies. These were quick and easy to make but are a nice way to add some movement to a page ( remember this in case you are ever challenged to 'create a moving part' on a page!) . I just added some knots along the way to stop all the sequins stacking up on the embroidery thread. 

I have some epoxy stickers which are also great for making your own flair type embellishment. I have added one on this page but its a bit hard to spot. (up in my top cluster for those of you with great eyesight). 




I love the texture and movement of this layout. I really look forward to seeing what you create for this months them in our facebook group, be sure to tag me if this page inspires you in any way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...