Wednesday 1 July 2020

Hope | Sheena Rowlands | Handmade Embellishments

Hi there UK Scrap Addicts, Sheena here again x

Our July challenge is to make your own embellishments. This can be a perfect way to get papers and embellishments top coordinate on a page.

Hope.


As a key worker I wanted to document all the support there has been for the NHS during these trying times and as rainbows have become such a symbol of hope I thought it was perfect to make one for this page.

Using piping cord and embroidery thread, I wound the thread around the cord using the outer colour  first & sewing in the ends. Then as I wound the next colour I kept measuring it up against the first ensuring they would both end in mine. Wind all the layers. Using sewing thread I sewed them together on the back, starting with the outer two, bending them into the right shape as I went. Then adding a layer at a time till they were all connected before trimming the frayed ends..


For this layout I used 6 layers to create my rainbow and I selected my threads using the patterned papers as a colour guide.
Now it was time to but the layout together & I used various manufacturers papers to create my paper rainbow & machine sewed them down in coordinating thread, layering my photos onto the points. I finished the page with a few splats and stars.


I hope this has provided some inspiration & we would love to see your creations over on our facebook group.
Till next time x




3 comments:

  1. Awesome layout and thanks so much for the rainbow instructions 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Layout, Love your idea about making the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...