Friday 10 July 2020

Adore You | Sarah (ManxyCatCrafts) | Handmade Embellishments

Hey! Sarah here back after a break from the scrappy world and gosh I have missed it!!

I have my take on this months theme of Handmade Embellishments today.
I decided to create 3D butterflies one of my fav embellishments to make. I combined diecut vellum with alcohol inks to create an interesting pattern on each one and topped them with gems.


For my layout I chose a creative kit and handmade watercolours by Little Rainbow Moon to go with the mixed media butterflies. I used the Vicki Boutin mixed media paper and added lots of watercolour across the page with gilding flakes in silver over the top.


I printed the photo of my baby boy Jamys in black and white so it would stand out over the messy watercolour background. The papers in the kit were all different textures and worked well with the page, I added some of the alcohol ink paper matching the butterflies too which tied it altogether.


For my title I used white Perspective words by Bramble Fox I do love a scripty font!


Finally I added a few extra gems and stickers around the page and some splashes of white ink.


I have a video of the process linked below if you'd like to see it all come together.


Thanks for joining me and have a happy scrappy day :)

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...