Tuesday 28 July 2020

One Walk A Day | Amy Kattenbelt | Homemade Embellishments


Hello UK Scrap Addicts,

Amy here sharing my layout featuring a few homemade embellishments. I have to admit, I struggled with this theme. I am definitely the type of scrapbooker who will reach for the purchased ready made embellishments that coordinate with the collections. However I tried to rise to the challenge and came up with these two ideas to use on my layout.


The first, very simple, bit I think effective home made emblishment I created were the three white daisys. They were cut using dies and thick white card, and then I used a black pen to outline each petal. To the two smaller flowers I added a yellow enamel dot to its centre, and to the larger flower I added a die cut circle of yellow paper. Simple yet eye catching focal points for my layout.


The second embellishment I created was slightly more tricky, but just as eye catching and adds loads of texture and is a unique touch to my layout. I used beads to create this border of flowers and simply adhered it to my layout using gluer dots under the flowers.

To create this you will need 3 colours of seed beads, some strong beading thread and a beading needle. I will try and walk you through how I created it, but you could also Google for 'daisy chain bead technique' to get some diagrams and videos.

Tie several knots at the end of your thread. If the knot is not big enough to hold your beads securely you can tie the knot through a bead to hold everything in place.

Thread 5 of your stem colour beads onto the thread (in my case green). Then thread 4 petal colour beads (yellow) followed by a bead in your 3rd colour (blue)

GGGGGYYYYB 

Now take your  and thread it back through the first yellow bead you put onto your thread. This will form a loop of the yellow and blue beads.

Now thread three more yellow beads, and then take the needle through the 4th yellow bead that you originally threaded.

Start over by threading another 5 green beads, then form another flower etc until the bead chain is the required length.


I hope you enjoyed taking a closer look at my layout. Be sure to pop back soon when we will be sharing our new theme for August!

Take care, and stay safe,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...