Tuesday 7 July 2020

You Make My Heart Flutter | Claire (ScrappyNerdUK) | Handmade Embellishments

Hey everyone.

I'm here a little later this month with my take on our new theme for this month which is to make our own embellishments.

I love to be able to make a batch of handmade embellishments and have them ready to add to a scrapbook layout (or other papercraft project) and so this wasn't really a challenge for me!!



But, I thought I would change up what I normally do with something a little different. I have made lots of paperclip banners before but thought I'd try it on a larger scale. I used 1/2 inch strips to attach the banner to the paperclip and cut 2 slits into my background paper to thread the paperclip through the front and back of the patterned paper so you could see that the paperclip was there. I did use some double sided tape behind the banners to adhere them to the patterned paper to ensure they stay in place.


For most of the banner pieces I used the cut apart sheet (used only Bloom Street from Paige Evans for this layout). I love all the little elements and it meant I could get more on my page without it looking too busy.

I did some really simple embellishments with some floral die cuts and a couple of puffy butterfly Thickers and my layout was complete!







And here is the layout I created. If you want to watch the process of this layout come together then the video is just below. 

Thank you and I'll see you again next month!

Claire x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...