Wednesday 19 April 2017

Blooming Bunnies | Roxy (@scrapbunny) | Sewing

Hello lovelies, how are you all doing?
Today I'm showing you my layout based on sewing.
I have been sewing for around four years, but when I started scrapbooking I never thought to merge the two. I only found out people used both when I joined a Facebook group. Since then I've been trying it out, however, most layouts have been a fail!

For my layout, I decided to scraplift a previous layout I had done. I cut out strips of paper from the 'Blooming Lovely' collection by Dovecraft. The strips are two inches tall and layered them across the page. Once stuck down I sewed across the lengths of the strips to add texture. Sewing is one of my favourite mediums for adding texture, its light in colour but also draws the eye in. 


It's so easy to sew onto your scrapbook layout if you have a sewing machine. 
It goes through mine with no struggle! 


Unfortunately, this collection didn't come with any die cuts, so I chose some from my stash. However, they match the colours of the collection beautifully. 


The 'Celebrate' thickers by American Crafts made the perfect title 'Has she got more?!'.

Here is my finished layout. 


I also created a process video on the Uk Scrap Addicts channel showcasing my process and explaining how it came together in more detail. Why not take a look? 



Thanks for visiting! See you next time!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...