Sunday 23 April 2017

Tell me a story... | SciFi Scrapper | Sewing

Hi everyone, Emma Marie (SciFi Scrapper) here today to share with you my latest layout for the UK Scrap Addicts!

This month are focus has been on stitching of all kinds, and I decided to use that on a layout about Mother's Day and the flowers I'd given my mum. I'd picked up the most amazing bunch of tulips for her, but they went through quite the journey before they made it to her. This layout focuses on her receiving the flowers and them looking lovely. The facing pocket page will be all about the reality of the situation and how they were somewhat battered and bruised by the time she received them.


I decided for my layout to do some watercolour tulips, and then hand stitch all around them to add detail. The stems I did in a subtle green that wasn't too overpowering, and the flowers I did in white, so that the watercolour could really shine.


I also used some wood veneer butterflies I've had in my stash for years. I was really glad to finally get them on a layout and love how they look with the flowers. They came as one piece so I did have to cut them apart, but I don't think you can really tell, and I think they look better scattered about the layout rather than in one solid piece.


Towards the end of making this layout I decided that it didn't look quite finished. I decided to do a running stitch around the edge of the layout in white, which not only helped make the layout feel more complete, but also gave me a handy spot for my journalling.


Make sure to pop over to our YouTube Channel to watch my process video of how I made this layout. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...