Saturday 24 June 2017

Mummy Can't Sleep But Kai Can | Laura Jane Thomson | Moodboard

Hi all, Laura here again with my moodboard inspired layout for UK Scrap Addicts for the month of June.  

I had never used a moodboard before so when I saw that I would be working with this lovely rainbow moodboard I was nervous but excited.


I love rainbows and rainbow themed decor, etc but I had no idea where to start with my layout so I printed my moodboard, sat down at my desk and settled down to browse Pinterest.  What a mistake, I lost hours but came away with so many ideas!

One idea I loved was using watercolours in a 'drippy' way... I started by adding gesso and then put a small amount of liquid watercolour paint direct from the tubes onto the top of my 12x12 card stock in six different colours before using my spritzer bottle to add water before lifting the layout to allow the colour to run down the page. 



I set this aside to dry and moved onto matting and layering my photograph in the same six colours as I had used on the background.  I used a photograph of our puppy snuggling inside my dressing gown, one night where I couldn't sleep but he was sound asleep. 

Once the background had dried I used my ATG to adhere the layered photograph onto the background - I needed a strong adhesive to make sure that it stayed in place on the painted cardstock. 




For my title, I used a programme on my computer to type each word of my title in a different colour, again to co-ordinate with the photograph layers and the paint colours, before using the U-Craft MicroDots from All Things Sticky to adhere my title word banners to my layout - they are very sticky and hold to my painted background really well.  

I finished the layout with a flair badge and a few tiny word stickers above and below my photograph.




So there you have my completed layout.  I really enjoyed making this scrapbook page and can't wait to work with other moodboards in my crafting - they are such a great idea and we would love to see your creations if you decide to use this moodboard too!

Don't forget to keep checking back as we have new videos and blog posts most days full of great inspiration from lots of lovely UK based ladies. 

Laura xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...