Sunday 11 June 2017

Unconventional Artist | Pol Prince | Mood boards

Hello again friends! Pol here today to share with you a layout I created based on this beautiful rainbow mood board, which is one of two for this months challenge. If you'd like to enter you could be in with a chance of winning a £50 voucher for allthingssticky.


Well, I had lots of messy fun with my Dylusions ink sprays on this one! I tried a few ideas until I settled on this one that I was the most happy with. I also created a drippy runny rainbow background but the inks mixed a little too much and started to go yucky colours. 


The best thing about this process was my 7 year old son and stepson playing out in the back garden one day, when they came running in to excitedly tell me that they had found the magic place where rainbows start from, and it was right in our garden!!! Hope they don't notice it's now washed away in the rain!


Back to my layout - the full page of pretty rainbowiness was way too full on to use on its own, so I decided I would use it as a border around a black and white paper, and this striped paper was perfect. It also put me in mind of one of those stereotypical artist pictures, where they are wearing a striped top and a beret!
I kept the photos fairly simple too - one black and white and one colour. They are photos of the most amazing eye my 14 year old daughter drew on her plate in BBQ sauce!


I fussy cut some flowers out of one the papers in the Crate Paper Oasis collection and tucked them behind my photos. I also fussy cut the birds and butterflies from the Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams collection, and tucked strands of thread in and around them, to embellish my page. 


I made my own 'flair' to match my page, using wooden buttons and punched out circles of paper. I bought a pack of 50 varnished wooden buttons off eBay, and a small circle punch. I punched out circles of matching paper and stuck them into the centre of the buttons with a tiny bit of Glossy Accents. I then covered the centres with Glossy Accents and left them to dry. Voila - customised 'flair' buttons to match any project!
You could also use Crackle Accents or similar, and the circle punch is the perfect size for using on the barcode strips on patterned paper.


Because I'd chosen the title 'Unconventional Artist', I decided to use lots of different types of alphas for the title, to emphasise the unconventionality. I really love the look this gives to the finished layout, and it helped to use some spare alphas up!


Please do have a go at our very first monthly challenge, and post your projects on the thread on our Facebook page.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...