Thursday 8 June 2017

Guest Designer - Christina Howard

Today's scrappy guest is the lovely Christina!

Hi, I'm Christina Howard from the Isle of Wight, England.  I have been scrapbooking for almost 2 years.  Instagram is the best place to find me and I also blog at christinacreatesblog.wordpress.com


Thanks so much for having me as a guest designer. As soon as I saw the rainbow mood board I knew exactly what I was going to document and the supplies to use. 
It was my daughter's birthday recently and we had decided to have her birthday party at home with a bouncy castle in the garden. The weather the previous week had been glorious but rain was forecast for pretty much all of the party! 


So I decided to use Shimelle's recent collection Little by Little as there is a paper with raindrops on called Pint Sized Fun. I fussy cut the raindrops and then free hand cut a white cloud. To add some dimension I stitched around the edge of the cloud with white embroidery thread. 


I fussy cut the bear, fox and lion from the Think Big paper and used my Silhouette Cameo to cut some sunglasses for each of them. To make the animals party hats I added a triangle shaped chipboard from my stash and then added a puffy sticker. 


I then started to assemble the page. I used the black and white polka dot paper as the background. I thought it needed a border so hand cut it out of white cardstock. I then adhered everything down, I used some foam pads to make the cloud pop off the page and typed the journalling and put the date on. I love how it has turned out and think the animals are really cute. 


Huge thanks to Christina for joining us today!  If you fancy guest designing for us drop Laura an email at ukscrapaddicts@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Wow - this is amazing! I love the animals and the cloud. Will definitely be keeping my eye out for the animal paper and will definitely be trying hand stitching a cloud. Thanks for the inspiration Christina :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...