Monday 26 June 2017

Week 17 | Sarah Toward | Moodboard

Hi there

I'm here today sharing my Pocket Page layout based on a moodboard.  I find moodboards really inspiring, not just for the colours but for the different images and shapes they have too.


When I first saw the two moodboards for this months assignment I was instantly drawn to this one.  I just love the pinks and mints, and I really love typewriters and clouds and have no problem using these images in my scrapping.  Oh and that hint of navy in the circular splodges at the bottom, one of my favourite colours.  Seriously, what's not to love about this moodboard?


I went into my stash and had no problem finding pink and mint papers to use.  I also had some die-cuts left from the Dear Lizzy, Fine and Dandy collection and they worked perfectly.


I was so excited to use this typewriter paper again, the tone of pink is spot on too.  I had some navy polka dot washi-tape which I've used throughout the layout as well.


I used my Silhouette Portrait to cut some little clouds, and the stripy mint faux washi strips.


I'd been hanging onto this typewriter die-cut as I really liked it and wanted to save it for the right occasion.  I can't remember what it said underneath, but I used a Tim Holtz word phase sticker as I preferred this sentiment.


I liked all the shiny things on the moodboard (I'm a bit of a magpie), so I knew I wanted to include a shiny element to the layout.  I decided these stickers from Paperchase were just right as they were also the perfect colours too, and not my obvious go to shiny element, sequins.

One of the main reasons I enjoyed using this moodboard is that it has made me go back through my stash and use up papers and embellishments, and I've got plenty to go back and use up.  So if you are looking to use up some stash then have a look at some moodboards and get inspired.

Thanks for dropping in again today, be sure to pop back soon for more moodboard inspiration.

xoxo









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...