Friday 27 July 2018

Magic | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | 6x6 Paper Pads

Hiya Friends,

This months theme was always going to be one of my favourites. I love working with 6x6 paper pads and find them so versatile. However, I know many people really struggle with using them. I'm hoping you have found lots of inspiration so far this month to get those paper pads put to good use...The ladies on the team have created some fabulous layouts this month!!

So I started with my photo and decided on a Disney one (because I love scrapping my Disney memories!!).

I used a white cardstock background as I really wanted the 6x6 papers to pop and using white will certainly help that.

I used a piece of A4 white cardstock and traced around a plate and sectioned this circle into 8. All of the sections were then cut out and were used as templates for my patterned paper from the 6x6 pad.

I arranged these circle pieces back together on my 12x12 white background and used double sided adhesive runner to glue them down. From the off cuts of the 6x6 papers, I used each of these as layers behind my photo - what a great way to use up 4 sheets of paper with very little waste!

So next came the embellishing. I went through my Disney stash and added on a whole load of stickers into 3 sections of the circle. I used a die cut word "Magic" as my title and added in pops of gold foil in the 3 embellished areas. I used a mixture of stickers, ephemera, chipboard and even used a heart paper clip that can be seen in the photo to the right.

There is something magical and tingly about scrapping Disney memories.


And here is the finished layout. I love how this turned out. I'm sure I say that every time but I really do. I hope that this has bought you some inspiration for diving into those 6x6 paper pads. They need some love and this is a great way to get them used.

If you want to watch the process video for this then you're in luck - you'll find it over on Youtube by using the following link - https://youtu.be/LsMnhidslHc









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...