Tuesday 13 November 2018

Cuter | Elaine King | Stamping

Good morning all

I hope you are all well and keeping warm in these increasingly cold months? Brr!

Anyway, today I am bringing you a stamped layout with a slight difference! Our prompt was to use stamps on our layouts. Now, I  really like stamping and creating a scene with them..like stamping lobsters and crabs on a seaside page, or flying birds over a countryside view but today I have decided to do something little different. 



I tried to consider the fact that some people have very limited scrapbook stash and may not, yet, have added stamps to their stash (believe me you will in the end! LOL)  So I have chosen to use the most basic of stamps for my sample..the eraser on the end of a pencil! 

To start with I cut a heart shaped piece of paper from some scrap paper and laid this on my white cardstock background. As always I buy my mixed media white card from Crafts4eternity. I then simply pushed my eraser onto a gold Ink Pad until I got a good coverage. I then stamped this little round circle multiple times around the edge of the heart, creating a stamped heart as a border. I then removed the heart paper. 

Once the ink was completely dry (you don't want smeared ink all over your page) I punched a couple of sections of the border from the white cardstock and added some matt gold scraps behind the chomped out pieces. (I love doing this technique as its a little different and it's easy to do). 

To finish I added my sepia toned photo and adhered it with gold spotty washi tape. I then added lots of small Kaisercraft baby themed wooden veneers that I got from Charmed Cards and Crafts. The hessian bows were from Poundland and I cut the title using my Silhouette Cameo electronic cutting device. 



I hope this helps you realise how simple your layouts can be and you don't need lots of expensive equipment in order to create an effective page. 

Thanks for stopping by..see you again next month!    





4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea. well done for creativity x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing and beautiful Elaine! What a clever and effective way to stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Elaine, so effective :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...