Friday 16 November 2018

Lisa-Jane Johnson | You and Me | Stamping

Hi everyone, it's Lisa-Jane from Pretty My Page here with you today and I'm sharing a layout that gave me a LOT of trouble!


I came across my embossing powders the other day so I was determined to use them on this challenge to get stamping.  I went on a retreat and only took a small number of stamps - this was my first mistake of several over the weekend which meant that my finished layout ended up looking nothing like I had planned.  

I had been playing with some Distress Oxides using the smooshing technique and embossing the butterflies in gold on top to make a background but I didn't like what I made.  I was running out of time so I ended up fussy cutting the butterflies out instead 


I gave my photo several mats including some gold spotty vellum and I also used the vellum to back some die-cut flowers.  They are designed to be poinsettias (heading for the Pretty My Page shop in December) but they look very different depending on the colours used.  

Then I scattered the butterflies on the diagonal adhering just the centres so that I could fold up the wings for dimension.


Then I added a brief title in white and gold letters and I'll pop the journalling along the bottom when I get a moment of quiet.  I've just realised that I don't have any enamel dots on this page which I think is the first time for about 18 months!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...