Friday 23 November 2018

Purr-fect | Lou Thompson | Stamping



This month is all about showing how you can really make stamps an integral part of a layout. With this in mind, I thought a monochrome theme might work really well.

I therefore began with some white cardstock. As I wanted to use a picture of my cat, I thought this black and white sheet went well as it reminds me a little of paw prints. I cut a triangle and use tape to stick this to my cardstock


I then used another white paper with a subtle marble effect on to back my photo. I inked this with black memento ink and stuck them at an angle.


I then stamped across the diagonal using some embossing ink and added a glitter embossing powder and heat set it 




To the bottom left of the page I then added lots of different stamps and stickers. I also added some music note stamps around the frame as well as a camera and stars stamp above the frame. 

I decided at this point that the embossing was too much so I added some more triangles of paper of this and a clear word sticker. The sticker was put onto one of the papers and fussy cut to make it stand out from the background and added some cardboard to the back of the sticker. 

I hope you like the layout and will consider using more stamps in your layouts.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...