Monday 5 November 2018

Embrace Life / Sheena Rowlands / Stamping

Hi there Scrap Addicts x Sheena here again.

This month we have been challenged to create using stamps. I don't know about you but I tend to collect stamps rather than use them! So I had a look at the ones I'd most recently purchased - they were Vicki Boutin stamp & die sets & challenged myself to use them on a layout.

Embrace Life.


Back in August I'd visited the Frida Kahlo - Making Herself Up exhibition in London. It was a fabulous collection of photos, artefacts & clothing telling her story but photography were prohibited. Luckily they had this sculpture there & I took advantage for a few quick photos.

To recreate her flower head dress I water coloured paper using Vicki Boutin  Art Crayons to get a range of different shades of yellow, orange and pink.


Once dry I stamped flowers over this with similar coloured inks picking the parts of the water colour paper I liked the most. Then using the corresponding dies I cut them all out. I got a little carried away & made over 50 flowers!


Next I set about arranging the flowers to create a Frida type head dress, then sticking them down some on foam pads around my 2 photos. 


I kept the rest of the page quite simple just adding a little machine sewing, chipboard title and journalling. All papers used & title are from various Paige Taylor Evans ranges.


I surprised myself by how much I enjoyed stamping out these flowers & I need to try and use more stamping on my pages & have a good look through the stamps I own.

We look forward to seeing what you create with stamps over on our FB group.
Till next time x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...