Thursday 4 July 2019

Simplify | Di Willcox | Sewing

Hello there scrap addicts! It's Di here today :)

Has anyone started, or even finished, a layout involving sewing yet?! And if you have, have you shared it with us in the Facebook group?

For my sewing layout I've created a 'quilted' background by using a triangular quilting template, I was given, to shape the papers. I used papers from Pink Paisley 'Indigo and Ivy' and OneCanoeTwo 'Saturday Afternoon' to reflect the muted colours in the photo, which was of one of our rural accommodations in Italy.


I used some embroidery thread in complimentary colours and sewed around a selection of the paper pieces in different stitches, just because I felt it would add interest to the overall layout!


I love the rose gold foiled elements that feature in the 'Saturday Afternoon' papers so fussy cut some flowers to fill the bottom left hand corner and a single one in the top right corner, along with a journalling card.
I finished off the layout with a few embellishments, the name of the place we stayed and a foam backed house that is also foiled.


 This whole layout surprised me in the fact that I chose to hand sew the quilted pieces, when I usually reach straight for my sewing machine when stitching is mentioned! 

Hopefully this has inspired some of you to give it a go, it doesn't have to be anything complicated, and enjoy the challenge ;)

Di x







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...