Friday 5 July 2019

Sweet | Sheena Rowlands | Sewing

Hi there UK Scrappers x Sheena here again x

This months challenge is sewing. I know this isn't something everyone likes to do but it can be a great way to add some texture and interest to your scrapbook pages.

Sweet.


For this page featuring my new Nephew and a crocheted horse I've just made him I decided to use both machine and hand sewing as I know not everyone has access to a sewing machine.


I used the sewing machine to firstly sew my cardstock to a patterned paper border leaving enough of a gap to bend the cardstock edges slightly. Also for the first time I stitched my photo to the matting layers behind and I really like how this looks so will probably do it again.


From the Pink Paislee - Little Adventurer range I die cut a number of circles of different sizes. I added interest to some of these using complimentary coloured thread, either by chain stitching around the edge or by adding french knots to the circles with animals on, adding to the border that was already there.



Adding sewing to embellishments in this way is less scary if you are new to sewing than adding directly to your layout. If you are not familiar with some embroidery stitches there are some good you tube videos you can watch whilst you practise. 

I finished my page with a die cut title and some wood veneer from the Little Adventurer range.

I hope you feel inspired to try sewing on your creations and please do share them with us over on our Facebook page or if you have any sewing related questions we would be happy to help x

Till next time x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...