Wednesday 3 July 2019

Love U | Zoe Hailey | Stitching

Who says a layout about a man can't be pink? Anyway, I don't follow those 'rules' as you can see from my layout for July!

This months theme of stitching was great fun, although I'll admit there were definitely times I regretted my decision to include so much chain stitching. In my head I knew I wanted to chain stitch my title as this page goes with a layout I created at Go-Go Getaway in March, which had chain stitching on the design.

I cut the LOVE U title on my cricut, mounted it on white card stock and pierced my paper to create an ombre chain stitch affect, I most certainly underestimated how much time this would take and had a mild panic moment when I thought I was going to run out of my colours.




My top tips for chain stitching (now I am an expert as I have done it twice, ha ha!) are; don't separate your strands of thread, stick to all six it is far neater and pull your chain stitch tight to create a much crisper finish. I quite like an uneven chain length and made some of mine longer and shorter, but you could use a ruler if you want a more even look. I didn't cut around my lettering, leaving my white border, until all my stitching was complete. This definitely helped as some of my stitches went off the coloured paper.



I worked with the La La La Love collection from Crate Paper and because this photograph of my partner Mark, was taken on Valentines Day, I went a little crazy and tried to use every ephemera, sticker or chipboard that used the word Valentines Day! ( You only get the chance once a year, so I went a bit over the top!)

And because I wasn't satisfied with my discrete chain stitched title, I also included running stitch hearts in the background of my layout, stitched hearts in my clusters and white cross stitched kisses on my borders.




I love how busy my layout is with paint splatters and sequins too! The texture from the stitching is definitely my favourite part and was worth the hours..... In the end!




Really hope you enjoy this months theme and I will look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Zoe x







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...