Tuesday 9 July 2019

Hello lovely | Stephanie Squires | Double page Sewing



Hello Scrapbookers!

A very warm welcome to this months blog post!!

So hand sewing...it's a funny one, some people love it, some people hate it...Well I sit on the fence with it...in one way I love it whilst sitting on the sofa in the evening chilling out sewing on a layout - But sewing at a class or on a retreat - No thanks lol I'll draw it on or sew it at a later date!

So it's as much of a surprise to me as it is to you that this layout is a double....I certainly didn't plan it that way!  I started with the page on the left, gutted the yellow and pink spotty paper with a one inch boarder and I cut the pink bazzill cardstock down to an eleven inch square.  I added a fringe of pink netting to the left hand side of the bazzill cardstock and stuck it on to the spotty boarder.



I sewed the paper down the left hand side and along the top.  Unfortunately my bobbin ran out whilst sewing on the right.  I knew from past experience if I'd sewn over the top of the holes it would have missed some and looked a bit messy so I opted for some glitter card to cover up my mistake - I added a small amount of glitter card to the left hand-side too to balance out the bling!



I cut a stripy piece of paper 8 x 5 and popped it onto my layout just off centre.  I then organised my photos all on foam risers and started adding tuckers (tuckers are small pieces of paper or embellishments you tuck round or under your photos or other pieces of paper) I added a rosette embellishment, a slice of fruit, a bumble bee, sunglasses and flamingo stickers and a gold perspective heart and the word "Hello" to complete this layout...now onto the new one...…………



So I had all these scraps left in a pile on top of another sheet of pink cardstock...It was begging to be made into a layout so who was I to refuse...

I trimmed the manufacturing strip off of the pink card stock before popping the spotty piece of paper (10 x 6) onto my layout.  I splattered gold paint onto the page before I added a piece of the glitter card (6 3/4 x 5 1/2)



I decided to stagger my photos on the page so they were in a different formation to the other page.  I added lots of bright floral embellishments to the page and another rosette.  I added the title Lovely and a bunting stickers  before adding the smaller sub titles, the hand signals, camera and balloons.

Once I'd done all of the above I had forgotten that I needed some stitching!  I punched holes all around the edge before chain stitching round the edge with white embroidery floss and that was it....my surprise double page was finished!



Thank you very much for reading...…….until next month.

Best wishes

Steph xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...