Thursday 7 November 2019

Ready, Set ,Go | Sheena Rowlands | Masculine Layout

Hi there UK Scrap Addicts, Sheena here again.

Our challenge for you this month is to create a masculine layout. For some reason I initially found this challenge hard, trying to figure out what makes a masculine page but I decided to stop overthinking it & make a page featuring my eldest Son completing a 10K for charity.

Ready, Set, Go.


I chose to use the left overs from my Crate Paper Cool Kid range as the colours were perfect for these photos of my Son.
Using a template made from scrap paper I cut half chevron shapes from the patterned papers, this was great for using up all the small pieces.


I added Oxide inks through a stencil to the cardstock using colours to co ordinate with the papers then added the half chevrons running up the page to echo the movement in the photos.
I machine sewed down between the lines.

After mounting both photos I attached them to the background then added my title using 3 different alphas down one side trying not to cover the chevrons too much. I finished the page with journalling strips and lots of starts from the Cool Kid range.


I look forward to seeing how you tackle this challenge. Please share your creations with us over on our FB group.

Till next time x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...