Wednesday 13 November 2019

Sunshine and Fresh Air | Sarah Costain | Masculine Layout

Sarah here today with my take on this months theme of masculine layouts.
Around 95% of my layouts are of my little boy so masculine layouts are the norm for me.

I don't however use just paper collections aimed at boys. For starters there's very few collections available and secondly I like to use flowers and pretty things on my page.
I therefore have my own little rules (which I break all the time anyway!) I don't use a majority of pink on a page, I use flowers on outdoorsy/nature layouts or in boyish colours and destash anything with "girl power" written on it.

So for today's layout I went outdoorsy and even though I didn't add flowers and butterflies I would and could have if they were to hand.
I started out with the idea of a leafy layout with a black background as I had attended a Crafty Vixens workshop at the weekend loved the layout and wanted to recreate something similar on black.


I added white texture paste to my background through a leaves stencil and added splashes white ink.
With my die cutting machine I cut a bunch of leaves and added Distress Oxides to them scrunching them to add texture.

I fussy cut some cute woodland critters and words from the Crafty Vixens kit leftovers and cut two mats for my photo and distressed the edges.


I glued these over the leaves and then added some diecut tags to the top corner for balance.
Using some ephemera I added a few pieces over the tags and a title over the leaves.


Finally I added some sequins and splashes of ink to my background and amongst the leaves. 
You can check out the process in more detail in the video linked here.



Thanks for joining me and have a Happy Scrappy Day :)

Sarah
ManxyCatCrafts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...