Tuesday 5 November 2019

this photo | Amy Kattenbelt | Masculine Layout

Hello, Amy here sharing my layout on this month's UK Scrap Addicts theme of 'Masculine Layouts'. As a mum to 3 boys its safe to say that the majority of my layouts are could be classed as 'masculine'. However several years ago, after the arrival of my youngest, I came to the conclusion that I could either continue scrapping in blues, greens and browns (with the occasional primary colour scheme) or I could embrace all the pinks and florals and scrap with products that I love and that make me happy. So these days I don't think anything of using what some might class as traditional feminine collections. 
I know that for some this is a difficult thing to try and do, so i thought i would show you how you can start to introduce pinks and flowers into a layout without it being too overwhelming or typically girly.

On this layout I used a reddish hue of pink, almost salmon in colour, along with a pale mustard and a light aqua. The papers were from a 12x12 pad I found in The Range called Forest, by Craft Sensations. I had fun creating a splattery water colour background using the pink and yellow (deliberatly not picking the more obvious aqua colour).

I used hexagons as a repeating shape, I find geometric shapes can really work well on masculine pages. The straight edges are a nice contrast to the floral puff stickers.

As well as little puffy pink hearts, I also used little crosses, another great shape for masculine layouts.

I added a black puffy sticker title, and love how this stands out against the more muted colours. I added flecks of black ink on the background too.

I hope this layout might inspire you to think out the box when creating layouts featuring the males in your life. Be brave and give it a go...balance traditionally feminine elements and make elements, I hope you agree there should be no limits when scrapping these photos...do whatever makes you happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...