Saturday 23 November 2019

Boys will be awesome boys - Masculine - Stephanie Squires



Hello all and welcome to this moths blog post!

So as you might be aware - I am a girl!  I have two girls and I love pink girly stuff so this months challenge - Masculine was a challenge for me too!!

Well lucky for me my sister gave me two adorable nephews a year ago so I had plenty of lovely photos to choose from but my scrap stash is a bit girly....so I dug deep and came out with Shimelle's box of crayons collection from last year and I thought it would be perfect!



I found this cutfile on the Silhouette store and I cut it out on some coconut swirl bazzill basics cardstock (I always ensure I set my silhouette to pass through twice to have that nice clean cut) I then trimmed the cutfile down to 11.5 inch square.

I used the centre part of the cutfile first and backed some of the letters with some bright and funky paper from the collection and the "O's" with photos of my nephew Oscar!



Once that was done I started making up the layout....I chose my 12 x 12 page and stuck the outside of the cutfile down flat but I used foam risers on the back of the boys will be boys part of the cutfile to give my layout some more dimension.






I put a small embellishment cluster in the bottom left hand corner and raised the word "Awesome" on some foam risers before sticking it onto the layout.  I added some additional stickers and paperclip lightbulbs to complete the layout!



Thank you so much for reading - happy scrapping

Steph xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...