Monday 24 June 2019

Love You To The Moon | Keighley Brennan | Mixed Media


Hey UKSA, Keighley here today sharing my layout for this months theme of Mixed Media. I will admit I did panic a little when I saw this theme on the schedule. Mixed media isn’t my strong point, I don’t have any fancy supplies in my stash, I have some cheap water colours and some acrylic paint. 
Before starting my layout I had tried a few different things with what I had and I decided to go with the dry brush technique, I love how this looks, and for someone like me with not much mixed media experience I find this really easy to do. 


I started off by cutting a Paige Evans cutfile on my silhouette, whilst still on my cutting mat I used a dry paint brush and brushed black acrylic paint over the cutfile adding more paint to certain areas of the cutfile than others, I then watered down some white acrylic paint and added lots of paint splatters over the top to look like a nights sky. Once dry this was quite tricky to peal off my cutting mat, it did take sometime but I managed to do it without tearing the cutfile and my cutting mat was perfectly fine afterwards. I added some black paint splatters to my background and also punched out some painty stars from the left over cardstock from my cutfile. This is definitely a less ‘messy’ way of doing mixed media and is perfect for those who aren’t as confident at Mixed media like myself. 
 To embellish I used my Mind The Scrap June Kit, For those of you that don’t know Mind The Scrap is a UK Kit Club. I didn’t need to add much to the layout because I felt that the cutfile and punched stars embellished the layout enough. 


You can watch my layout process here on the UKSA YouTube Channel

Please take a look at the UKSA Facebook group where there’s lots of mixed media inspiration from the team aswell as the group members, as always the album is full of scrappy loveliness 
Thank you for stopping by
Keighley 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...